Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Goin' Back to Indiana

July 22, 2011, 4 p.m. -- This is the departure date for my 2011 Road Trip vacation. 

Leaving from Mechanicsburg, PA, friend Sarah and I will take a 1,500 mile round-trip journey to a conference in Bloomington, IN. Along the way out and back, we will take in as many odd, unusual, interesting and/or unique sights as we can manage.

We will spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday making our way through Ohio and into Indiana. We have no planned route, no itinerary, and no reservations - instead, leaving ourselves in the hands of providence and/or fate.  We will be staying in Bloomington, IN for Monday through Friday; Sarah will be attending her conference, and I will be taking a few day trips. Departing Bloomington on Friday, we will spend the rest of the weekend working our way back to Central PA.

Along the way I will post pictures of what we see and do, as I have done with past vacations, in case anyone wants to see. I'm also going to try posting YouTube links for some of the music that we're listening to... or just seems appropriate.


1 comment:

  1. When you're in Bloomington, you should take a trip to Normal, Indiana, nearby, just so you can tell people, "Normal is just a town in Indiana."

    ReplyDelete