Monday, July 11, 2011

The Beginning

The Blog is Back
I've decided to resurrect my travel blog, since I'll be starting on a new vacation trip next week and want to have a place to document my journey.  I've been going through my photo albums and am creating pages for my previous trips; you can see those in links along the right side of the page.  New posts will be added here approximately whenever I feel like it. With each post, I'm also going to include a YouTube link for some piece of music I find appropriate or just feel like linking to.

Wait, what's with the name?
I titled this blog "The Unknown Bureaucrat" after the monument to the same in Reykjavik, Iceland. I consider myself a bureaucrat, and am proud of it. It is entirely noble to be the servant of a free people, and undoubtedly a true bureaucrat should strive to be unknown; a bureaucrat's true calling is to be, in the words of Woodrow Wilson, "public-spirited instruments of just government."  
A monument that only Scandinavia could build.

And you said something about music...?
Ah, yes, here you go.



No comments:

Post a Comment